All of Itasca’s geomechanical software simulates standard laboratory tests using servo-controlled, periodic, and other boundary conditions, for model calibration, design purposes, or fundamental research. Best of all, such virtual tests are completely non-destructive, repeatable, randomizable, and fully examinable.
Simulated tests include:
- unconfined uniaxial compressive strength (small- and large-scale),
- triaxial confined compressive strength,
- Brazilian disc tensile strength,
- direct tensile strength,
- direct shear strength (within materials and along natural/artificial interfaces),
- beam three-point bending, and
- soil/rock-structure interaction (pull-out tests).
In addition, novel hybrid materials, such as geogrids embedded in aggregate, have been simulated for geogrid design in roadbeds.