Our Itasca blasting capabilities are:
- Audits / Expert Opinions
- QA/QC for blast designs
- Independent Reviews
- Review Boards
- Wall Control
- Blast Movement
- Complex challenges that require multi-scale approach to understand the fundamental mechanisms of interaction between practical blast designs and rock masses.
- Blast modelling used to determine suitable blast design parameters for surface and underground blasting applications.
- Numerical Modeling
- Applications of Blo-Up, PFC, FLAC2D, and FLAC3D to solve Drill and Blast problems.
- Machine Learning
- Development of machine learning solutions for blasting.
- Development of tailored Web Apps.
In addition to conventional analytical and empirical methods, Itasca has developed Blo-Up, a proprietary tool for blast analysis, as part of the HSBM consortium. Blo-Up can be used to understand blasthole-to-blasthole interaction, optimize fragmentation and blast movement minimizing undesirable results. This unique simulator model various complex phenomena happening during the blasting process. Blo-Up simulation results include final muckpile profile, fragment velocities, blasthole gas pressure, particle size distributions, etc. Although Blo-Up is not commercially available, Itasca offers consulting services using Blo-Up.
If you need more information, please Contact a Consultant.