- About Us
OIL AND GAS
Hydrogeologists and geochemists at Itasca Denver have strong backgrounds in providing a variety of niche services in support of environmental and operational studies related to the oil and gas field. Itasca Denver’s oil and gas experience includes the evaluation and permitting of deep-injection water-disposal wells, the assessment of potential water-quality changes associated with road traffic/maintenance, drilling, and fracking operations, and the geochemical fingerprinting of hydrocarbon sources.
- Evaluation and permitting of deep-injection disposal wells;
- Assessment of potential water-quality changes associated with road traffic/maintenance, drilling, and hydraulic fracturing operations;
- Groundwater flow and chemical transport modeling, as well as multi-phase modeling (movement of separate-phase hydrocarbons in groundwater systems);
- Unsaturated chemical transport modeling;
- Characterization of coal-bed methane discharge waters and prediction of impacts to soil and water resources;
- Reservoir-scale, wellbore-scale, and reservoir-fracturing analyses;
- Hydrocarbon source fingerprinting; and
- Expert witness, second opinion, and litigation support.