- About Us
Itasca Denver’s hydrogeochemists have broad experience in evaluating the chemical characteristics of soil, tailings, waste rock, groundwater, and surface water at mining and environmental sites. The company’s comprehensive evaluation of hydrogeology and geochemistry provides an integrated approach and can facilitate a more thorough understanding of complex groundwater and surface-water systems. Itasca Denver offers a variety of geochemical services that integrate with our hydrogeologic services.
- Evaluation of source and extent of groundwater contamination;
- Environmental characterization of materials, including ore, waste rock, and tailings;
- Baseline characterization of water quality;
- Assessment of potential water-quality impacts from agricultural, industrial, mining, and oil and gas activities;
- Evaluation of groundwater source areas and flow paths using artificial and natural chemical and isotopic tracers;
- Hydrogeochemical and hydrodynamic modeling (e.g., PHREEQC, CE-QUAL, and mass balance models);
- Chemical-transport and fate analyses in soil and groundwater;
- Prediction of physicochemical characteristics of pit lakes;
- Numerical modeling of solution mining; and
- Expert witness, second opinion, and litigation support.